Important Note: If you are selected to move forward in the process, next steps for this job may include an on-line assessment and a video screen. Please make sure your profile includes a current email address that you check regularly (including your spam folder) as the invitations for these activities will be emailed to you. For internal candidates, you must apply via the Jobs site on Teamworks or Teamworks at Home and please ensure your profile lists a personal (external) email address as your primary email address so you can receive communications and complete these potential activities. Please refer to the Team Member Handbook for more information on the Internal Job Opportunities Process.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
Team member must be able to conduct transactions normally associated with this role in Spanish and English.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Branch Banking serves more than 70 million consumer and small business customers through a distribution network consisting of approximately 4,900 retail banking branches, complemented by online and digital channels, and a network of 13,000 ATMs across 36 states and Washington, D.C. Branch Banking includes the regions, Branch Banking Operations and Supervision, and Consumer Banking National Business Development.
As a personal banker at Wells Fargo you will deliver exceptional customer experience, build relationships, and help consumer and small business customers succeed financially. You will engage customers in conversation and ask questions to understand what’s most important to them to allow you to provide product, service and digital options that align with their needs and help make banking easier for them.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactively engages customers in conversations and asks questions to learn about their financial needs
- Maintains knowledge of and offer a full range of Wells Fargo products and services, and digital options to help customers succeed financially based on the customer's need
- Builds relationships with customers through proactive outreach and follow-up
- Assists customers with opening new accounts, completing service requests and submitting credit applications
- Helps resolve customer concerns and escalate issues as needed
- Makes introductions to other bankers and partners to help meet customer s broader financial needs
- Informs customers of self-service digital options (as appropriate) to make banking easier for them
- Follows policies and procedures to minimize risk
- Maintains a cash drawer, cash handling, and balancing and spends up to 30 percent of time completing service related tasks as needed
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
Positions may not be available at all branch locations outlined in the posting.
- 2+ year of experience interacting with people, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience proactively engaging with customers through outreach via phone or email
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to help customers succeed financially by offering introductions to additional team members as appropriate
- Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
- Experience fostering and developing strong customer relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal partners
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Must take and pass required Spanish language assessment
TX-SA-North Central: 40 Ne Loop 410 - San Antonio, TX
TX-San Antonio: 999 E Basse Rd - San Antonio, TX
TX-SA-Northeast: 423 N New Braunfels Ave - San Antonio, TX
TX-SA-Downtown: 750 E Mulberry Ave - San Antonio, TX
TX-Selma: 15320 Ih 35 N - Selma, TX
TX-SA-Downtown: 109 N San Saba - San Antonio, TX
TX-San Antonio: 823 Ne Loop 410 - San Antonio, TX
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.