The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for processing prescription refill requests in a timely and accurate manner, following the enterprise prescription refill protocol. In addition, the Pharmacy Technician will communicate with patients, physicians and pharmacists with regard to prescription refills as needed, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity.
- Receives and responds to prescription requests and inquiries from all communication venues: e.g. phone, Telephone Encounter, department e-mail box or fax.
- Verifies validity of prescription requests received
- Prepares and fills prescriptions accurately and efficiently following the standard organization protocol
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills while providing complete and accurate information to all internal and external customers
- Compiles and reports data for ongoing key performance indicators and summarizes and presents findings to departmental leadership. Notifies manager of trends observed.
- Adheres to assigned schedule and quality metrics.
- Provides clerical and / or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a retail pharmacy
- Extensive knowledge of the Medicare Part D, particularly the pharmacy record review, claims, billing and reimbursement rules
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and CMS security requirements
- Working knowledge of Medicare Part B and Part D coverage guidelines and payment methodologies
- General writing skills and ability to produce work free from typographical or spelling errors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- National Certification
- PBM Experience