Where children matter most! A provider of home healthcare services, Texas Kids Home Therapy, a Pediatric Home Healthcare company is a Pediatric Therapy and Skilled Private Duty Nursing Agency. We value children’s well-being and are guided by our ethical and moral standards in every detail of our business. We demonstrate this through our continual transparent communication with the families of our patients and our commitment to hiring benevolent and hard-working employees in both the field and office.
A registered professional who provides coordinated care to pediatric patients and their families. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Plans, organizes, and conducts physical therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team. Duties include:
- Perform clinical assessment; Identify patient needs and appropriateness of patient.
- Document, prepare and complete a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revise the POC based on evaluation, ongoing assessment data.
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patient’s needs and desires.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular, neurological and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Assist/instruct patient/ family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchair, canes, etc., in a safe manner. Utilize appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
Education & Experience
- Education: Bachelor of Science, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program.
- Licensure: Current Texas State License or a multi-state license issued by a state member of the Physical Therapist Licensure Compact (PTLC), if practicing in a state member of the PTLC, to practice physical therapy.
- Experience: One-year experience as a Pediatric Physical Therapist preferred.
- Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver’s License, and valid auto liability insurance.
Eligible employees that join our Elite Therapy Program, your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a full range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Vacation accrual
- Plus more!