Plant Engineering Manager
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the Engineering Department at a battery manufacturing distribution center.
- Promotes effective employee relations by providing leadership, coaching, and development of the engineering, maintenance and operations teams.
- Actively supports and strives to meet the strategic goals set by yourself and plant, including running multiple capital projects
- Supervises product, process, plant, manufacturing, and engineering projects with the goal to improve process capabilities, drive down cost, and improve ease of manufacturing.
- Directly assist all departments with improving Safety, Environmental, Quality, Productivity and Delivery. This can be accomplished through many means, such as; capacity improvements, capital expenditures, complexity reductions, lean improvements, equipment maintenance improvements, design improvements, etc.
- Directs annual budget preparation through the development of capital projects/expenditures.
- Develops the business plans for the allocation of capital funding and the subsequent execution of that capital allocation. Typical capital expenditures exceed $20M annually.
- Manages engineering staff members on project components in order to maintain timelines, project initiatives, and cost structures. Delegates project workloads and allocate resources to accomplish desired results.
- Manages the qualification of new components, processes and manufacturing equipment that is incorporated into production.
- Provides technical assistance on equipment and processes for problems related to OSHA compliance.
- Participates in production decisions involving new and existing product lines to assess/improve equipment & capacity.
- Establishes and maintains an environment conducive to continuous improvement in manufacturing. Recommends alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- Participates in problem-solving meetings, resolves employee concerns, and makes employment-related decisions as needed.
- Responsible for the design, modification, and review for plant facilities.
- Coordinates with Corporate Engineering Department to assure improvements are incorporated in appropriate specifications and standard procedures.
- Ensures that all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported, and followed by all employees within the facility especially regarding EPA, Hazardous Waste Management and IATF.
- Extended and flexible hours are required in order to meet internal and external customer requirements on weekends, holidays, etc.
Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Power Solutions, is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.