Kforce has a client in search of a talented Platform Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
Platform Software Engineers create and maintain APIs for our business software applications that our members use. As a Platform Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to be knowledgeable in API development. You will be a part of teams of developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to partner and engage with other engineers and architects. You will work closely with business clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, code applications, and customize and/or integrate commercial software packages for both internal employees and external member-facing applications across multiple platforms. As a Platform Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality.
- Platform Software Engineer acquires and applies foundational knowledge of business, its applications, and processes
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation
- Coordinates with cross-functional team members to translate business requirements into specifications
- As a Platform Software Engineer, you will gather information to support business analysis and the development of technical solutions
- Supports and proactively contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within area of expertise, for assigned company/staff agency, and/or across enterprise