Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The HEDIS LVN is responsible for the coordination of HEDIS and STARs data gathering process within the clinic setting. This role is responsible for the education to the clinic on quality measures and coordinates strategies for closing gaps. Evaluates the quality and completeness of clinical documentation processes by performing quality medical record reviews, assisting in the improvement of the clinical documentation process, maintaining accurate records of review activities, developing formal training and improvement programs and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of regulatory (HEDIS/STARs) standards and guidelines.
- Analyze data, evaluate for possible data integrity and data deficits and document findings
- Analyze and trend HEDIS/STAR rates, identify barriers to improvement of rates and create interpretive exhibits
- Obtains quality detail report and flags patient’s charts with the missing measures
- Works closely with local leadership to execute quality strategies
- Supports and assists PCPs/clinics with quality data collection
- Provides reports and monitors performance at local level
- Engages PCP and clinic staff in developing strategies to close quality gaps
- Supports and improves communications between market and corporate departments
- Maintains education/knowledge base of HEDIS/STARs standards and guidelines
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Please note: This is an office based (call center) position located at our office at 6000 NW Pkwy San Antonio, TX
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.