Preconstruction Estimator Manager
Our client is one of the biggest Texas brands known across the U.S.! They are looking to add an Estimator Manager to their team. This is a great growth opportunity for someone who wants to oversee a department.
PERKS OF THE PRECON ESTIMATOR MANAGER:
- Growth opportunities
- Top workplace in San Antonio
- Fantastic Benefits
WHAT THE PRECON ESTIMATOR MANAGER WILL DO:
This position is responsible for managing resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints. Gathers details and compiles data to estimate all costs according to specifications. Considers raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, labor and transportation for estimations. Manages the bidding process for new unit construction contracts.
- Recommends estimates including labor, equipment, materials, subcontractor and other costs for construction projects.
- Responsible for the first 4 budgets of each new unit construction project: Model, Conceptual, Prelim and Prelim Civil.
- Responsible for model budget templates for each active building type to include alignment of cost codes.
- Review architectural, structural, MEP and civil plans to prepare estimates for budgets.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. Identifies missing items within budgets. Applies knowledge of construction budgets, materials and methods, and industry standards.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of products, projects or services.
- Partners with outside data sources for model cost validation and updates.
- Reviews and analyzes Civil QA monitoring site costs specifically in the preliminary phase to ensure variances from concept are highlighted and noted.
- Produces Quarterly summary portfolio updates comparing budget performance to industry standard reporting.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN ESTIMATOR MANAGER:
- 2+ years' in restaurant industry experience preferred
- 10+ Years' in commercial/retail construction
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Proficiency in JD Edwards or other large ERP
- Construction Estimating experience in retail or commercial properties
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or Certified Cost Estimator (CCEA) preferred