Title: Primary Principal (2020-2021 School Year)
Position Desired: Principal - Elementary
- Master's Degree in Education and a valid Texas administrative certificate
- Certified Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) appraiser
- Minimum of 3 years successful experience as an Elementary principal
- Minimum of 3 years successful PK-2 classroom teaching experience, in the area of reading and/or Dyslexia
- Degree in Reading
- Background in Dyslexia, Special Education
- Administrative leadership experience on a campus with a state rating of the TEA issued Exemplary or letter grade of an ‘A'
- Experience at a Nationally recognized Blue Ribbon campus
Instructional Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of Prekindergarten and Grade 2 TEKS, especially in reading and literacy development.
- Special knowledge and understanding of the components of effective, research-supported reading instruction and appropriate, effective instructional delivery.
- Working knowledge of reading diagnostics and how data is used to inform and support instruction.
- Understand extensively the 3-tiered intervention model and how it impacts student literacy.
- Ability to promote engagement of all stakeholders by being highly visible and accessible.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members and encourage active involvement in the decision-making process.
- Utilize classroom walk-throughs to assure fidelity of curriculum and monitor teaching and learning.
- Solicit regular input from campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program.
Working Days: 222
Building/Campus: Primary Campus
Salary: From 78,000.00 To 85,000.00
Additional Job Information: $85,000.00 salary range will depend on years of successful principal experience.
For more information please call 361-903-6405