Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with the telephony and call-center business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to solutions
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g. architecture/engineering reviews)
- Incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
- Review work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Ensure network connectivity for call-center and telephony solutions meets customer expectations
- Collaborate with other network engineers to support Optum's datacenter core networking
The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing engineering and/or architectural leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Network and/or Security roles
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering and/or architecture role
- 3+ years of experience designing network connectivity with commercial Telephony and Call Center products
- Detailed understanding of voice/telephony protocols and how they interact with the underlying network
- Knowledge of advanced networking concepts and products
- Knowledge of advanced security concepts and products
- Knowledge of software engineering/automation tools and practices; DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Cisco networking certifications
- Cisco and/or Avaya certifications
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Network Engineer, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home