TerumoBCT is seeking their next Principal Software Development Engineer in Test to add to their team
Permanent Work from Home Opportunity
What will my day-to-day look like?
Work closely with architects and team leaders to provide technical leadership with the ability to influence and inspire change in our organization. Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts as a member of a scrum team. May work on several components of a project, and or a complex component of a project within multiple cross-functional teams.
- Designs and provides leadership for the functional group's technical development, direction and effectiveness.
- Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple codebases, while also providing technical leadership within the scrum team(s). Works beyond routine nature of tasks. Is forward thinking; designing efficient and effective solutions through thoughtful planning.
- In collaboration with the architecture team, drives standards on code quality, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Implements and maintains software automation tools based on software development technologies.
- Advises functional group on software test automation feasibility, implementation, process improvements and maintenance plans.
- Demonstrates expert level computer science fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures, OOP and software design.
- Demonstrates expert level application of Source Code Management tools.
- Designs frameworks and implements design patterns to support performance and security testing.
- Supports performance and security testing activities at all levels of the test pyramid.
- Coordinates with third-party partners in developing and executing performance and security testing.
- Collaborates across teams to enhance Continuous integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) techniques across teams.
- Trains and coaches functional group on developing automated software tests using TDD techniques and creating build pipelines.
- Design, develop and manage dynamic software test data creation.
- Organizes and controls the software testing process to help deliver high quality software.
- Creates training documentation & conducts knowledge transfer sessions for functional group.
- Trains and coaches functional group on developing automated software tests using the established software automation framework.
- Troubleshoots environmental set-up issues related to software test automation.
- Collaborates effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality.
- Approve Code/Test Reviews.
- Participates in all levels of testing as required.
- Drives discussions for determining appropriate level at which to test the implemented functionality.
- Demonstrates mastery of traditional white and black box software test techniques.