Amyx is seeking for a Procurment Analyst for our client DHA in San Antonio, TX
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks: Shall assist and support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and provide support to the Quality Management Office (QMO) to include but not limited to:
- Assist in identifying, developing, and documenting procurement quality standards for CAE contracting offices.
- Continually assess Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and other regulatory guidelines for changes which affect the quality of contracting services.
- Review and document critical procurement milestones that impact contract timeliness and quality.
- Assist in development of procurement quality metrics and procurement standards of excellence, the means to measure both, and align the business processes with the same.
- Establish expected timelines for procurement process milestone completion relative to contract complexity, anticipated risk, and total dollar value.
- Continually review and validate quality metrics to ensure measurability and relevance, and to drive improvement over time.
- Assist to develop, staff, and document the Director’s procurement quality evaluation process, utilizing working knowledge of quality management and quality controls principles.
- Identify quality controls required within the procurement process and inform the QMO Lead and team members.
- Document quality roles and responsibilities within the procurement process.
- Identify the methods and tools used in the evaluation process.
- Create and disseminate quality assessment checklists.
- Identify the methods and tools for capturing issues and leading practices.
- Document, validate, and continually refine the evaluation process, publishing policies, guidelines, and updates on an ongoing, periodic basis.
- Participate in quality evaluations, quality improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Assist the QMO Lead and CAE Contracting Offices prepare for focused reviews and Procurement Management Review (PMR).
- Participate in PMR and support PMR related activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in any field, that includes fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization.
- Minimum of 5 years direct Federal procurement experience in a GS-1102 (or similar) capacity of which a minimum of 3 years of direct Department of Defense (DoD).
- Extensive knowledge of DoD procurement policy.
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of acquisition management.
- Working knowledge of quality management and quality controls principles.
- Knowledge of the methods of fact-finding, analysis, and resolution of complex problems, and the ability to assist in development of concrete action plans to solve problems.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and DoD contracting principles (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD Directives and Instructions, laws, regulations, procedures, and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert technical advice, staff coordination and consultation to foster formulating guidelines, implementing new developments, and providing expert interpretation.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ complex questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate procedures and processes to management, co-workers, customers and stakeholders and provide guidance on pertinent changes to business functions and operations.
- Ability to plan and organize to systematically coordinate, track, and complete workflow in accordance with the unique procedures and guidelines of J-4 Procurement Management Program (PMP).
- Ability to prepare, track, monitor and analyze contract data and provide information to write a clear concise report, as required by the procurement directive (PD).
- Ability to run reports, analyze, and collect data for quarterly, monthly, and annual reviews.
Please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with any questions!
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.