The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Principal Product Designer to support Platform One. Platform One is building an infrastructure-agnostic platform, to support the Department of Defense’s (DoD) vast infrastructure options, including — Government clouds, on premise, disconnected, and classified environments.
Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Black Label program office is working with other PMO and AFCYBER product development teams to deliver Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) / Information Warfare (IW) capabilities by delivering and supporting a DevSecOps platform (Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) Kubernetes compliant) with accredited and secured hardened containers built from the DoD Centralized Artifacts Repository (DCAR), named Iron Bank, in order to support the AFCYBER’s ability to field operational capabilities faster. This process will be compliant with the published DoD Enterprise DevSecOps Reference Design and meet all regulatory testing and cybersecurity requirements while encouraging DoD-wide reciprocity and expertise.
SAIC will provide Agile frameworks such as Kanban and Scrum as needed and will ensure all product backlog are properly defined and sized. Black Label is deploying DevSecOps Platform (DSOP) in multiple gov cloud environments from Unclassified to Top Secret, including Special Access Programs; with the intent to make these hybrid cloud solutions viable for OCO development.
The candidate for this position will directly support building the Platform capabilities for the government software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years or more experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; other work experience and certifications considered in lieu of degree requirements
- The Scrum Master training with at least one (1) year experience as a Scrum Master,
- Experienced in Agile methodologies for defining/prioritizing backlog, leading problem resolution for both internal and external customers
- Strong design and interpersonal skills to bridge the User experience to the technical implementation with developer
- Architecting and executing a program roadmap and backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement).
- Setting quality standards for delivery, develops user story acceptance criteria, accepting stories and participating in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality
- Experience with designing user experience products and story boarding
- Defining minimum viable product (MVP) and effectively negotiates tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Atlassian suite and other IT lifecycle tools
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.