Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Product Management Director – Credit Card/Marketing Planning & Strategy for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC offices or Remote.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee’s manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to be remote.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
This role will be accountable for the development and maintenance of our annual Credit Card marketing plan and the associated financials, budgets, and performance reporting. The individual will also be responsible for the continued evolution of our holistic Credit Card marketing strategy, including but not limited to, improved segmentation and personalization, expanded partnerships with military affairs, sponsorships, and public relations, and integration of new optimization models. Success in this role will require strong partnership across Credit Card, Marketing, Finance and Analytics.
This role will report to the Director, Product Management for Credit Card Marketing and Bank Marketing Governance.
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and distributing product communications.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales forecast and planning..
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing product performance).
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, OCC).
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make product decisions, and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- 4+ years of prior experience developing and delivering marketing strategy at a financial institution
- 2+ years of prior experience with P&L management, budget management, financial analysis, or business strategy
- Experience and knowledge of competitive bank or credit card marketing industry trends
- Proven track record of effectively developing, influencing, and communicating/presenting complex concepts to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Experience improving processes and developing of process documentation
- Experience developing executive level presentations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800—$192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.