Contract to Hire
JOB SUMMARY FOR PRODUCT MANAGER:
- The Product Manager will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including but not limited to, defining the product vision, gathering, and prioritizing requirements by creating a robust roadmap, and working closely with Marketing and Brand teams to ensure top-notch guest experience improving stickiness and loyalty. This role also ensures that the product supports Clients’ overall strategy and goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PRODUCT MANAGER:
- Lead the evaluation, development and implementation of the product strategy: plan for a future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating guest insights, global market evaluation, competitive analysis, and deployment capabilities as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities the Client will require to compete in the market. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including enhancements and performance improvements to existing products as well as new product needs.
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
- Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
- Responsible for the quality of product deployed and work closely with the support teams to define appropriate support SLAs and to improve guest satisfaction scores.
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PRODUCT MANAGER:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
- Experience: 8 plus years progressive work-related experience, with preferred direct hands-on hotel experience including 3+ years of experience in product management, product/platform development, preferably with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR PRODUCT MANAGER:
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including various travel and hospitality products.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated storytelling ability using slides to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
- Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated travel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
- Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
- Ability to work closely with strategic external partners globally
- Experience in formal requirements gathering methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
- Ability to work with teams in an agile environment by owning the product roadmap and delivery