Job ID: 238987
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat’s engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat’s suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
The Production Manager position is responsible for ensuring leadership such that manufacturing is executed safely, on time, at the highest quality and at the best possible cost. This position is a highspeed on-the-floor leader, mentor, and coach.
- Develops coordinates, and monitors daily performance of production programs in plant
- Executes production to schedule to ensure on-time delivery and is responsible for the allocation of all necessary resources and elimination or escalation of any roadblocks
- Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Implements and maintains Lean Manufacturing principles and standards
- Develops and tracks manufacturing KPIs for production
- Assures attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed customer expectations
- Makes adjustments in response to customer requirements and MRP demand as needed
- Implements manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports corporate initiatives
- Establishes group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem-solving and cost reduction
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Encourages new techniques and focus on fact-based problem-solving
- Strategically adjusts and balances personal to maintain set labor efficiency targets
- Continually improves safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes
- Maintains individual skills keeping up to date with the latest production and production management concepts
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
- On-call continuously
- Identifies organizational opportunities for improvement and brings solutions to management's attention
Knowledge, Training, Skills and Experience
- Strong ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decisions making, and people management skills
- Strong project management skills, time management skills, organizational ability
- Strong computer skills, and must be technically proficient to troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Strong proficiency in LEAN manufacturing / Six Sigma / 5S
- Must exercise continuous leadership to focus plant efforts on priorities
- Must deal with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings / blueprints and BOM
- Familiar with applicable OHSA and EPA standards
- Proven leadership skills with teams and individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Goal-oriented and results-driven
- Heavy equipment manufacturing experience
- Scheduling and production flow experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or a related field, or 10 years of progressive manufacturing experience required.
- At least 6 years in plant or operations management experience.
- Must have experience with Lean principles, KPIs, dashboards, etc. in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and at multi-task functions
- Proven ability at supervising work for a team of individuals with differing skill levels to enable the team to achieve desired performance and quality standards
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Ability to work on feet all day in a factory environment
- Physical demands:
- Lifting no more than 40 lbs.
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Visual demands:
- Average visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Auditory demands:
- The typical noise level for this position is loud due to heavy machinery. Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Repetitive motions:
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.