TX San Antonio
Job Posting Title:
- Accomplishes results by orienting, training, assigning, and coaching employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, evaluating job contributions and developing personal growth opportunities while adhering to the highest standards of quality and cost control.
- Works in conjunction with the Human Resource Manager and the Production Manager to ensure the consistent application of all Company policies and procedures.
- Meets production operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; by identifying process improvements and by initiating and fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within and between departments and shifts.
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices. Insures that departmental methods and work habits are performed safely and in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules when necessary and resolving problems.
- Records production by completing daily shift production reports; calculating yields and recoveries, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all SQF guidelines (Safe Quality Food), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements, all Food Safety and Food Quality and Food Defense requirements, all HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), as applicable.
- Report all Food Safety, Food Quality, Food Defense and GMP issues immediately.
- Responsible for daily review of employees' Kronos timecards.
- Communicates regularly with other Production Supervisors.
- Takes an active role in Plant committees, such as the Safety Committee and the Food Safety Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Four-year degree and/or five years supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment - preferably in the food industry.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts - including weekends, as needed
- Willingness to support continuous improvement in production
- Ability to accomplish established goals through the efforts of others by motivating, fostering teamwork, resolving conflict, coaching, safety management, production planning and manufacturing control planning.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and others as needed
Safety and Quality:
- Understands equipment hazards to prevent injury to self and others - understands company policies on safety and follow procedures - GMP's, (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Lock-out Tag-out
- Reports any food safety problems or potentially unsafe practices/conditions to the Supervisor
- Is able to safely lift items up to 50lbs - motors, parts - asks for help when lifting heavier items
- Recommends changes to improve safety standards
- Is certified to use the motorized Pallet Jack, ForkLift, Scissor Lift, Lock-out Tag-out - ensures safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment
- Maintains proper housekeeping and safety standards
- May be assigned to work in extremely cold or hot conditions
- Most positions are located in areas with loud noise and will require the employee to wear protective ear plugs
- Other conditions include dust, wet floors, occasional smoke and fumes from cleaning chemicals (chorine)
- Main activities will be walking, lifting, standing, sitting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching and climbing. Some kneeling and reaching overhead work will also be required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.