The mission of Catholic Charities is to provide for the needs of our community through selfless service under the sign of love.
The Program Accountant is responsible for all financial activities and matters of the assigned programs. The job duties of the Program Accountant will ensure that all programs federal or not adhere to federal rules and regulations pertaining to Financial Information. This position aids the agency in determining fiscal matters for both federal and non-federal funding. Decisions on trends and spending habits is part of the environment. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this person will work closely with the Program Manager and Program Director to make sure financial reports are timely and accurate. This position will manage all of the programs that are assigned to the role from the origination, creation of budgets to monthly monitoring through closeout.
* *Conducts financial analysis and forecasting of revenues and expenditures.
* *Analyzes past and present financial operations, trends, and costs and estimates future revenues and expenditures for the preparation of budgets.
* *Develops program and grant budgets and performs budget revisions as necessary.
* *Responsible for recording funds received to the programs/grants assigned to the role.
* *Works with Program Directors on a monthly basis to make sure financial information is timely and accurate.
* Assists in aiding in the fiscal decision making of the individual programs that are assigned.
* Will maintain a multitude of Program Budgets totaling over $5 million.
* Monitors monthly program and grant budgets to inform the appropriate parties of under and over spending and develop strategies for resolutions.
* Keep copies of all contracts for the programs/grants assigned to the role.
* Maintain calendar of all due dates for reporting requirements for the agency and grants and ensure that all reports are submitted accurately by due dates.
* Critical Thinking
* Results Oriented
* Preferred Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field.
* Preferred 3 years' experience in accounting with at least 1 year of experience in nonprofit and/or multi-entity or project accounting experience is preferred.
* License and Credentials
* Reliable transportation
* Valid driver license
* Valid vehicle insurance
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
* Preferred 3 years' experience in accounting including general ledger maintenance, journal entries, revenue and expense coding, and balance sheet accounts;
* Extensive working knowledge of GAAP and the general ledger;
* Experience with computer software (i.e., Intacct software preferred);
* A solid grasp of cost allocations and project accounting;
* Experience with Federal grants and OMB circular knowledge;
* Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, work well independently and on a team;
* Must have good written and verbal skills;
* Must have good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.) This is a Grant funded position and salary is dependent on funding availability. Position can be eliminated at any time because of lack of funding to support this position.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To view this and other employment opportunities please visit our website at www.ccaosa.org. You must apply through our website and complete the application and upload your resume. No phone calls please. If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted.