An Automotive manufacturing facility is hiring a Project Engineer.
The candidate will be a resource for assembly shop that will
identify equipment problems and bottlenecks through the analysis of manufacturing data, Support Yokoten (reuse successful processes) and Jishuken (team problem solving) opportunities. Will
complete equipment in-process improvements & countermeasures
Create equipment specifications, submit specifications to vendors for bids, and compile information for return on investment/project justification, conduct problem solving, countermeasure development, and countermeasure implementation for assigned breakdown investigations. Will also identify opportunities to simplify existing/future equipment designs & lead the implementation of these kaizens.
- Support the continuous improvement process
- Complete training as required to support job function
- Prioritize tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Support production startup after equipment modifications. Will require flexible hours
- Complete problem investigations, identifying weak points, and implement countermeasures
- Assist in solving of technical and non-technical issues
- Communicate with other groups to gain support with project designs and implementation
- Provide planning for group with required details to effectively schedule any required work
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 3-5 (or more) years project management and/or project planning experience within industrial manufacturing environment
- Strong mechanical knowledge of manufacturing equipment
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills
- Collaborative, team-player, high initiative
- Familiarity/experience with Microsoft Project
- Familiarity/experience with CAD
- Support maintenance and engineering strategies to improve shop KPIs
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.