Are you a Project Manager that would consider themselves intense, restless and driving that needs variety, the opportunity to work at a faster than average pace and mobility? If you like to manage multiple priorities, take the initiative, lead the conversation and explore new frontiers, then please keep reading.
Saueressig Packaging has an exciting opportunity in San Antonio, TX for a Project Manager to be a part of our new manufacturing division that supports the production of battery parts for electric vehicles.
The Project Manager plans, coordinates, and manages the execution of various projects, ensuring adherence to all project performance targets such as timing, cost, quality, and achievement of proposed benefits/return. This role gathers project requirements, establishes project plans, confirms cost structures and oversees the overall execution of the project. The Project Manager interacts with various teams, departments and clients to ensure the project maintains its critical path.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly. There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and problems must be handled with confidence and determination. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details as long as they are only an intermittent aspect of the job, and not the primary responsibility. This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
If you are interested in being a Project Manager for an exciting new division starting from the ground floor in San Antonio, TX, click 'APPLY NOW' for immediate consideration!
- Faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail.
- Must recognize and adjust to change.
- There is considerable variation in the work.
- Strategic, big-picture thinking backed by an added focus on the tactical aspects of the work.
- Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for others; an emphasis on schedule and quality.
- Primarily task-focused, with some action-oriented collaboration required occasionally.
- Seeks and accepts decision authority & responsibility.
- Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not cautious, a calculated decision-maker.
- An independent decision-maker will occasionally utilize team consensus or collaboration.
- Requires a lively and incisive communicator, more authoritative than persuasive in style.
- A stimulating influence on others, while being firm, direct, and self-assured in dealing with them.
- Some collaboration within own team but a more independent style in general.
- Prefers to delegate routine detail work; will follow up closely and critically for standards and schedule.
- Capable of delegating some authority, with close follow-up and control.
- Maintains control of the overall agenda, includes others in a task-focused manner.
- Creates a disciplined process.
• Collects, analyzes and understands project requirements.
• Develops and maintains project plans, including documentation of project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal and external resources, project dashboards, etc.
• Communicates the project status, requirements, and structure across the Project Management team and all necessary departments.
• Defines potential problems and suggest alternatives based on cost implications, time constraints, and customer quality standards.
• Analyzes the project’s cost structure and any significant deviations from the approved cost structure.
• Collaborates with manufacturing, sales/marketing, and purchasing teams in project definition, feasibility, and approval process.
• Manages day-to-day progress of projects including risk assessment and problem resolution.
• Conducts project reviews according to the prescribed process/structure.
• Serves as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for internal project teams, clients and suppliers.
• Attends project planning meetings as needed; serves as subject matter expert regarding workflow, processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
• Assists with the implementation of workflow management and reporting tools focusing on quality, profitability, efficiency, and productivity.
• Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops teams.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management or related field.
• 3-5 years of previous project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook, SAP & Internet applications.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Takes initiative
- Driven to get things done
- Positive response to pressure
- Quick to connect
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
• Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THE PROJECT MANAGER ROLE, LOCATED IN SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, PLEASE CLICK 'APPLY NOW' FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION. We can't wait to hear from you.
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.