Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The firm offers a comprehensive range of innovative services and solutions in support of federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private development and commercial clients. Michael Baker International’s focus is on the safety and security of people across the world through planning and engineering improvements to infrastructure and the environment, and through protection of our quality of life and freedom in support of national and international security. With more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Michael Baker International has more than 5,000 employees in over 80 offices located across the U.S. and internationally, and is ranked as the 26th largest design firm in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR). Michael Baker International’s Mission is to make a difference by providing innovative solutions to sustain the future and further the safety, security and quality of life for people across the globe by providing the highest level of expertise, unmatched quality and effective project teams for a diverse range of projects and clients. Michael Baker International offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakerintl.com . Michael Baker International is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran/e-Verify Employer
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Project Manager join our San Antonio, TX Transportation Team.
- Demonstrate expertise with Departments of Transportation and public works infrastructure projects.
- Provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation projects throughout Texas, leading and mentoring project teams in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for TXDOT, Municipal, County, Toll, and Transit agencies.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects
- Review the work of other professionals – this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or able to obtain within 6 months
- 6-12 years of experience on Transportation projects
- Experience with Departments of Transportation on roadway schematic or PS&E projects; preferred
- Strong technical background in Transportation Engineering – Planning, Design and PS&E.
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Ability to lead efforts in a client facing and interdisciplinary capacity in addition to mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work as a “hands on” leader as well as the ability to manage at a high-level
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.