ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTHCARE & FACILITIES SBU
San Antonio, TX
The Proposal Manager directs the RFP process from release to proposal submission. The Proposal Manager plans, outlines, manages, and ensures compliant completion of RFP responses and guides management and support personnel through to submission of completed proposal. Proposal Manager will have resources of senior leadership and a Service Center with Pricing Analysts, Graphics Artists, and Proposal Coordinators.
- Manage Proposal response from Government/Federal Requests for Proposals (RFPs) release to submission.
- Analyze RFPs with Senior Vice Presidents of the Facilities, Logistics, and Construction Divisions to validate/verify interpretation of the requirements.
- Develop and maintain the proposal plan, schedule, outline, and action item lists, and their associated deadlines; provide team communication and tracking support; coordinate and track the progress of documents and other materials through the proposal process.
- Lead virtual and in person conference call calls and meetings to ensure all deadlines and actions items are met and completed.
- Research and Review RFP and technical information to create original, compliant proposal content and/or identify areas of response that need Subject Matter Experts.
- Conduct reviews of proposal content to ensure accuracy and compliance with requirements.
- Collaborate with technical staff, subject matter experts, and consultants to contribute original, compliant proposal content.
- Select or direct the development of photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Communicate with Proposal Coordinators who handle all aspects of graphics and production.
- Communicate with Pricing Analysts and respective General Managers regarding the Proposal Schedule and milestones.
- Travel to attend conferences, meet partners, and assist senior leadership in vetting proposal opportunities.
- Quantitatively present metrics and performance data (such as CPARS, Performance Management Reviews, Customer Communications) in Past Performance reviews for current contracts.
- Develop Capabilities Statements, Requests for Information, Market Research, and Sources Sought Responses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Four plus years’ experience may be substituted for degree.
- Two (2) years of proposal management experience
- Two (2) years of experience in technical writing.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in the Environmental, Healthcare, or Facilities fields preferred.
- Shipley Proposal Process Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to research, analyze, and investigate diverse requirements
- Knowledgeable of federal and commercial strategic planning practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal acquisition set-asides.
- Knowledge of Internet software, computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, proficient ability to enter and manipulate data.
- Knowledge of or ability to become proficient in SharePoint.
- Familiarity with professional writing and requirements for formatting of documents, presentations, and other materials.
- Ability to acquire and present technical information through independent reading, interviews with Subject Matter Experts, interpretation of diagrams, or other appropriate methods.
- Experience to include: using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro to access, create, edit, or manipulate documents; reviewing documents to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, and compliance with standards; creating tables, charts, graphs, or diagrams to organize information; preparing and issuing documents.
- Must be able to edit, write, and/or rewrite technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively on research findings, technical developments, and other information to a wide range of external audiences.
- Possesses the ability to synthesize the complex information provided by Subject Matter Experts, and obtained through meetings, conferences, and other forums.
- Possess the ability to produce clear, accurate, grammatically correct, and convincing written expression.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.