CHENEGA CORPORATION ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTHCARE, & FACILITIES SBU
San Antonio, TX
The Proposal Specialist’s primary role is to support the Proposal Manager in RFP responses; develop Capabilities Statements, Requests for Information, Market Research, and Sources Sought Responses; and maintain a Past Performance library and SharePoint Database library of Proposal content. The Proposal Specialist will have resources of SBU Senior Leadership and a Service Center with Pricing Analysts, Graphics Artists, and Proposal Coordinators.
- Support the Proposal Manager and Proposal Team in developing and maintaining the proposal plan, schedule, outline, and action item lists, and their associated deadlines; provide team communication and tracking support; coordinate and track the progress of documents and other materials through the proposal process.
- Develop Capabilities Statements, Requests for Information, Market Research, and Sources Sought Responses.
- Analyze Requests for Proposals with core team to validate/verify interpretation of the requirements.
- Assess contract performance and quantitatively present metrics and performance data in Past Performance reviews for current contracts.
- Support in preparing/editing/formatting EH&F SharePoint library of proposal templates, past performances, and frequently used proposal and marketing documents.
- Populate and maintain SharePoint sites for document management.
- Research assigned topics and prepare special reports and findings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years of equivalent experience
- 2 years of Training and/or Experience in technical writing.
- 1 year of proposal support experience preferred.
- 1 year of previous experience in the Facilities, Environmental, Construction, and/or Healthcare fields preferred.
- 1 year of previous project management experience, government contracting experience, and/or military experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Internet software, computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, proficient ability to enter and manipulate data.
- Knowledge of or ability to become proficient in SharePoint.
- Familiarity with writing style and requirements for formatting of documents, presentations and other materials.
- Ability to acquire and present technical information through independent reading, interviews with Subject Matter Experts, observation of tests and experiments, interpretation of diagrams, or other appropriate methods.
- Experience to include: using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro to access, create, edit, or manipulate documents; reviewing documents to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, and compliance with standards; creating tables, charts, graphs, or diagrams to organize information; preparing and issuing documents.
- Must be able to edit, write, and/or rewrite technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively on research findings, technical developments, and other information to a wide range of external audiences.
- Possesses the ability to synthesize the complex information provided by Subject Matter Experts, and obtained through meetings, conferences, and other forums.
- Possess the ability to produce clear, accurate, grammatically correct, and convincing written expression.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.