Careers at Managed Care of North America, Inc. (MCNA), part of the UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. MCNA is a leading dental benefits administrator dedicated to promoting high quality and cost-effective oral health. We provide services to state agencies and managed care organizations for Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicare members. We also offer commercial plans for private employers, individuals and families. Join our team and help us make dental care more accessible to everyone. Our career opportunities span across different job categories and specializations, requiring a varying level of skills. Working with us means being part of a stable organization with meaningful purpose that will support your personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while growing your career with a company that services over 8 million people. Become part of a team that has a passion for excellence and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. As you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealthcare will call on your knowledge, energy, and commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're building better, more effective provider networks every day.
The Dental Provider Relations Advocate is responsible for a full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealthcare, including being the face of UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Dental whether in-person or over the phone. This role is responsible for developing, enhancing, and delivering provider education programs, addressing escalated high-level complex issues, and communicating resolution in a professional well written manner. The role also ensures the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties through spot recruitment as needed. This role will cover the state of Ohio and will focus on all lines of business.
We are looking for a self-motivator who is comfortable working independently, while enjoying the cost savings of a telecommuter position. You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in a challenging environment where you’ll be given support and direction for success.
If you are located in the state of Ohio, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Telephonic and face-to-face Provider Education
- Site Audits
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build positive relationships between the dental plan, providers, practice managers, and internal stake holders
- Address high-level escalated issues and communicate resolution to stakeholders
- FQHC and large dental practice relationship owner
- In-person visits for network maintenance, education, and ensuring solid provider relationships
- Targeted Provider recruitment and retention as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of professional experience in healthcare, sales, or dental related industry
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Willing and able to travel up to 25-50% of the time within territory assigned
- Located in the state of Ohio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Provider negotiation and contracting experience
- Knowledge of Dental products/providers
- Knowledge of claim processing systems and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport and work well with others
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Sales/Call environment experience
- Salesforce experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.