Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 190 in ENR's 2021 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020 and 2021!
Ardurra is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Public Works Group in San Antonio, Texas.
Under general supervision, performs assignments of limited scope which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks.
- Participates in the development of project design concepts and criteria
- Organizes project information and records systems
- Designs and prepares working drawings and related project documents
- Makes recommendations on design alternatives and assists in proposal preparation
- Serve as Project Engineer for multiple public works projects
- Client management, monitor/manage budgets and schedules
- Coordinate with project design team members, subconsultants, clients, stakeholders, contractors and permit agency representatives regularly
- Manages both internal and external resources required to successfully complete projects including coordination and supervision of design staff
- Cultivates strong relationships with clients
- Provides quality assurance and control for deliverables including proposals
- Attends engineering/industry events and conferences
- Manage time wisely, and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Highly self-motivated self starter, able to forecast and initiate project management tasks
- Work independently but collaborate as needed
- Ability to take the initiative to resolve conflicts that arise during the project
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in, Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in engineering and design with a focus on public works, roadway, drainage and utility design
- Familiarity with local municipalities, CoSA, SAWS and TxDOT design and procedures, regulatory compliance and agency coordination
- State of Texas PE license or ability to obtain via reciprocity
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in computer software utilized in the transportation/public works industry, Highway/Roadway Design, Stormwater Design, 3d software, MicroStation/Open Roads, AutoCAD
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition ID# A000596