Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
A radiologic technologist is a professional individual that has been trained in an academic and clinical environment by an accredited institution that prepares students for state and national registry. The scope of practice includes procedures, acts and processes permitted by law for which the individual has received training and experience, has demonstrated competency and has completed ARRT certification which is the standard of practice in imaging.
The technologist will be held responsible for independently operating imaging equipment to produce images that are of diagnostic quality, evaluating acquired images and communicating findings with a radiologist(s) and/or medical professional(s). In addition to obtaining high quality images, the technologist will be expected to effectively work with the USMD imaging team by managing schedules, reporting and handling equipment failures, perform appropriate QA procedures, and practice a high level of medical and business ethics. The ideal candidate will demonstrate self-motivation to improve the level of their understanding and knowledge of the field, disease and new procedures.
- Facilitates diagnostic results by obtaining, reviewing, and bringing together pertinent patient history, physical examination and supporting clinical data
- Comforts patients by explaining procedures and assisting patient in proper positioning. If bilingual, acts as a translator to assist patients and others that may have a need
- Ensures test results by selecting correct exposure factors, makes equipment adjustments before, after and during the exam according to nature of test, patient anatomy and other specifications of the exam
- Conducts procedures by positioning the patient and equipment to image a specified area(s) of body as evidenced in the resulting image
- Ensures the images produced, stored and reported are of high diagnostic quality
- Maintains equipment and software by following operating instructions, performs quality control checks of equipment, troubleshoots breakdowns, maintains supplies, performs preventive maintenance procedures, backs up computer software and data, and calls for repairs and information technology support
- Maintains quality results by establishing, following, and enforcing imaging department standards
- Enhances imaging profession and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Conducts themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times with coworkers, patients, physicians, vendors, and others
- Attends meetings as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates Degree or graduate from a Radiography program
- Current certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) and Texas Medical Board
- CME compliant; must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times
- BLS certified
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences or other health-related degree
- Experience as a Radiologic Technologist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzing information, job knowledge, creating a safe, effective environment, use of medical technologies, performing diagnostic procedures, bedside manner, medical teamwork, informing others, quality focus, radiologic technology, professionalism
- Exam and treatment rooms with exposure to communicable diseases, and other conditions common to a clinic setting
- Individual could be required to travel to multiple locations for coverage as dictated by need
- Contact involves dealing with sick people
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: USMD, Healthcare, Bilingual, Xray Technologist, Radiology, RT, ARRT, AMA, C-Arm, DEXA, Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Irving, Cedar Hill, Bedford, TX, Texas