Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty (PenFed Realty), a wholly owned subsidiary of PenFed Credit Union (PenFed), is hiring a Remote Real Estate Business Development Team Lead in one of the following locations: Dallas, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; and Houston, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for the growth and retention of all Business Development partnerships. This position will oversee the day-to-day operational functions and the effective, streamlined and successful management of a caseload. This position will manage incoming and outgoing referrals, the input and maintenance of referrals and departmental training, and daily oversight of the Business Development team and, independent contractor real estate agents and revenue growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as the team lead for the Business Development team by subscribing to the following:
- Maintain caseload of referrals with a conversion at or above the minimum percentage set by leadership.
- Manage team functions to ensure efficient and cost-effective operation by implementing the necessary systems, programs, policies, procedures.
- Develop and assess business goals, objectives and strategies necessary to create and retain team and division growth.
- Provide training to staff and independent contractors in all areas of Business Development.
- Train of new staff on company policy and procedures as well as the management of software systems.
- Collaborate with division leadership to create value propositions, power point presentations, designs, and implements effective marketing and lead generation growth strategies for the division. Represent the company/division at outside events, where deemed beneficial.
- Track, monitor, follows up with potential leads, answers all questions and provides all documentation requested. Consistently monitors the needs assessments and follow-up functions of the Business Development team.
- Provide Market Data to external partners as needed.
- Guide other colleagues towards issue resolution on escalations
- May be required to initiate relocation files daily
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or combination of education and experience that provides a level of skill and knowledge necessary to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ experience or more in customer service, real estate, relocation services.
- This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensure as a real estate agent with the appropriate real estate board, desirable, but not necessary.
- Certified Relocation Professional is required if handling Corporate Relocation referrals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites and group move presentations is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.