Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position is in the Supply Chain Corporate Real Estate and Facilities group. This position requires strong project management skills, including attention to detail, an ability to coordinate actions from various groups, and strong time management skills. The position also requires the ability to critically study documents involved in corporate real estate transactions, good communication skills, with both internal clients and external counterparties, and the ability to manage and independently prioritize numerous projects at once.
- Plans, recommends and initiates procedures that will assure corporate real estate transactions and documents are properly and accurately assembled or drafted and completed to fully protect the Company’s interests.
- Critically studies all documents, including contracts, surveys, settlement statements and payment schedules, involved in each real estate transaction to assure they have been properly and accurately completed, duly witnessed and executed, and otherwise comply with all legal and company requirements and business initiatives; proceeds to correct discrepancies, omissions, errors, and resolve adverse developments, which the coordinator brings to the attention of authorized personnel; obtains missing or supplemental materials as may be required by means of personal contact, or by reference to company or outside attorneys; obtains advice and assistance from company attorneys to resolve unusual documents, requirements, or situations; and carries out final verification of entire file prior to consummating project.
- Drafts various documents and papers, seeking advice and assistance from company attorneys, tax department, business unit, and other internal and external consultants, as may be required in the acquisition, lease, or sale of Company properties, including right of ways, easements, licenses, and permits.
- Organizes the real estate portion of transaction activities, including timing and logistics of internal approvals and signatures. Communications amongst the participants include the initial project call, status reports, risk assessments, and the exchange of documents and information with business partners
- Proactively completes, arranges and participates in closing real estate transactions of various types. Participates in or manages special project handling or added responsibilities of short and long-term duration.
- Transmits documents for retention to the Title and Contract Department with appropriate explanation and instructions, and informs appropriate personnel affected by the real estate transaction(s). Completes and/or verifies data related to the transaction in the database.
- Provides information to business units and internal organizations as requested after careful research utilizing Company information sources, as well as online resources.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or other related field is required.
- There is a strong preference for 3 or more years of experience
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.