Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Reg Community Relations Associate at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to work with other designated individuals from various departments both within and outside the service center to design, coordinate and execute employee and community events, charitable giving, and other engagement activities on behalf of PenFed. Coordinates community relations programs and centerwide activities designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for PenFed and to drive employee engagement.
- Maintain knowledge of community organizations and events; evaluate community sponsorship, engagement and involvement opportunities for PenFed and recommend participation, sponsorship and giveaway options.
- Research event opportunities and make recommendations for PenFed participation.
- Coordinate with the Marketing, Events, and local teams to design and implement regional community related events.
- Recommend and coordinate PenFed participation in local Chamber of Commerce and Chamber sponsored events.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensures deadlines are met including communications to ensure that all appropriate participants are included. Designs and edits communication materials.
- Coordinate event logistics, including finding space as needed, registration and attendee tracking, materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, events or services as applicable.
- Relationship management responsibilities with partners and vendors, including local nonprofits and other key partners in the region
- Negotiates event details with vendors.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate campaign results to determine their effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in public relations, community relations or other related field or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations and social media campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Web-based research tools, Microsoft Office. Ability to effectively use computer equipment: monitor, keyboard, mouse and other computer-related peripherals.
- Ability to multi-task and manage many projects simultaneously, and shift priorities as needed.
- Must be able to work independently and also be a team player.
- Work well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups in a professional and diplomatic manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.