For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a Dental Case Manager, you are responsible for facilitating a collaborative process of telephonic dental case management services for our members that promotes cost-effective, quality oral health care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. in a CST, PST or MST time zone as you take on some tough challenges.
- Present educational materials to engage patients in the dental care management program
- Assess, plan and implement individualized dental care strategies directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Customize and adjust plan of care based on each member specific needs to drive dental outcomes and improve overall oral health
- Manage the dental care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the related information to ensure that quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Engage members / families to coordinate services, community resources and treatment needs
- Help members understand their benefits
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Ensure cases are documented in a timely manner
- Coordination with other state agencies, community resources and providers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted active dental hygiene license
- 5+ years of clinical dental hygiene experience
- Proven ability to manage personal queue and challenging workload
- Demonstrated communication skills with members, provider offices and community partners
- Proven ability to meet goals in member outreach and engagement
- Maintain compliance with internal, State and Federal regulations within community and state programs
- Familiarity with Managed care, Medicare, or public health
- Proficiency in working with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and electronic health records
- Public Health Dental Experience
- Home care/field-based case management experience
- Ability to produce measurable positive outcomes, Work with Patient experience outcomes
- Experience in a matrix organization and/or a large organization
- Experience working with dental high risk and special needs patients
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations with limited access to dental care
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Understanding of Medicaid dental rules
- Experience communicating complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Bilingual in Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Dental, Case Manager, Licensed Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, FQHC, Public Health Hygienist, Community Resources, Managed Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial Care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote