Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Case Management you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Texsan which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Methodist Hospital Texsan!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse Case Manager you will be responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management, and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned.
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical, and discharge needs of patient/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- You will reassess the patient’s clinical condition as indicated. You will consider patient’s readmission status or risk of readmission and develop strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources.
- You will coordinate the plan of care and drive the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient’s physician to facilitate a successful care transition.
- You will partner with Social Services to ensure the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
What qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years’ experience in case management OR 3+ years’ experience in clinical nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice according to law and regulation
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Case Management opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.