Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
The Healthcare Manager is responsible for successfully supporting patients with high risk health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. The Healthcare Manager assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource, and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. The Healthcare Manager interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators. The Healthcare Manager acts as a resource for clinic staff. The Healthcare Manager works in a less structured, self-directed environment and performs all nursing duties within the scope of a RN license of the applicable state board of nursing.
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients at high risk.
- Supports longitudinal care of the patient with chronic care conditions by: a. performing assessment of health conditions, performing medication reconciliation, conducting Motivational Interviewing and Self-Management Goal setting, providing patient education, creating referrals to appropriate agencies and resources
- Supports transition of the patient with chronic care conditions from inpatient to outpatient setting, by: a. performing assessment of transitional needs, performing medication reconciliation, establishing and reviewing contingency plan, providing patient education, assisting with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), appointments
- Coordinate with providers to establish or update plan of care
- Performs accurate and timely documentation in the electronic medical record
- Participates in daily huddles and Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meetings
- Prepares accurate and timely reports, as required, for weekly meetings
- Maintains continued competence in nursing practice and knowledge of current evidence based practices
- May perform clinical tasks within their scope of practice
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
WellMed at Ingram, Behind Olive Garden and next to Ingram Park Mall/Culebra Rd.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Associate's degree in Nursing with four or more years of experience
- Registered Nurse with an active and unrestricted license to practice in the state of employment
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician's office, clinical or hospital setting
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD / asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact productively with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Experience related to patient education and / or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Registered Nurse, RN, Cardiology, Health Coach, Education, CHF, IHD, COPD / Asthma and Diabetes Disease Management, Alamo Heights, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, 78209, Texas, TX