Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The primary responsibility of the RN Manager Clinical Decision Support is to coordinate, implement, and support the day-to-day activities needed to effectively operationalize clinical initiatives and processes, promote Joint Commission & PCMH accreditation standards and support the creation & sustainment of evidence based tools, resources, policies, standard operating procedures and standards of practice. Provides support and leadership for Clinic Operations to ensure applicable program requirements, operational process, and fiscal responsibilities are met. This position will proactively and independently work across the organization to drive short and long-term project goals while ensuring operational success of program initiatives.
- Assist Clinic Operations leadership and other related departments in the implementation of program initiatives and processes that support care delivery, patient safety, and quality of care in the clinic setting including planning, development, coordination, multi-disciplinary collaboration, monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and support the dissemination and education of evidence-based tools, resources, policies and standard operating procedures that impact care delivery and support clinical decision support systems
- Collaborate with internal and/or external customers (e.g., business partners, clinical staff, physicians, Care Management) to support Optimal Care, Joint Commission standards and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) principles and efforts
- Act as subject matter expert for Joint Commission Provision of Care standards, PCMH principles, scope of practice and regulatory requirements related to care delivery and practice
- Participate in efforts to identify, propose and evaluate key organizational priorities such as referral management, engagement and utilization strategies, targeted admission and readmission rates, health outcomes, and patient / Provider satisfaction interventions to optimize Quadruple Aim, and identify and/or develop process tools and resources to support related initiatives
- Identify technology needs to support programs/processes (e.g., systems for use of the program) and provide or coordinate system and reporting requirements
- Obtain input and feedback from stakeholders during Joint Commission, PCMH, Optimal Care, Cost & Care, Clinical Operations, Clinical Health and Safety and other relevant meetings
- Deliver formal presentations related to proposals / recommendations to build support for the identified initiatives to enhance evidence-based practice and care delivery
- Articulate and communicate with senior leaders internal/external to the organization
- All other duties as assigned
This is an office-based position, Oaks III / Network BLVD., 78249 / Office park located at IH 10 East and De Zavala Road. ***25% Local and Non-Local travel required as determined by the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or a related field
- Registered Nurse with active, unrestricted nursing license
- 5+ years of clinical experience in a healthcare environment
- 1+ years of experience with tracking, planning projects, and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of Healthcare or clinic operations experience
- Leadership experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Regional Manager, Clinic Operations, Policy and Procedures, Medical Practice Management, Registered Nurse, RN, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, 78249, Texas, TX