Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Methodist Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse RN Operating Room CVOR to join our healthcare family.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Methodist Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse RN Operating Room CVOR opportunity.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR (or CVOR). Key features include:
Largest robotic program nationwide with six da Vinci Xi HD Surgical Robots
Intraoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging Suite (IMRIS)
Largest Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) program in the country in a non-academic setting
Largest neurosurgery and gynecology programs in South Texas
Extensive breast reconstructive surgery program to include DIEP
flaps and vascularized lymph node transfer
Growing head and neck oncology surgical services
Level III Trauma Center
22 state of the art OR suites
- 5 state of the art CVOR suites, including 2 hybrid suite
- Servicing all of South Texas heart transplant
- ECMO program for adults and pediatrics
- Busy TAVR program
- Congenital heart program
- Complex Aortic/Endovascular Program
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Operating Room CVOR for Methodist Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurse Operating Room CVOR have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
A comprehensive orientation process
Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
Leadership development programs
State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
You will be the direct care provider who assists surgeons with surgical procedures and acts as the patient and patient’s family advocate
You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
As a Registered Nurse Operating Room you will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
• Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN preferred) and/or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III or IV positions
• Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
• Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
• Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
• Certified Nurse in Perioperative Nursing (CNOR) from Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Operating Room CVOR opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.