Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Staff Development Instructor - Responsible for implementing , evaluating staff development and training programs to prepare, high-quality and highly competent staff in the workplace. This position facilitates classes, and implements corporate training programs. This position also works with a Training Coordinator to ensure successful execution of training programs.
- Implements staff development and clinical staff competency programs incorporating appropriate adult learning principles
- Work with instructional design staff to ensure all new initiatives, policies and procedures, guidelines, or other necessary updates are incorporated into orientation/training programs
- Identify innovative training strategies for learners, including distance learners.
- Leverages creativity and utilizes a wide variety of methods to present education and training programs
- Work with instructional design team to determine best instructional approach such as instructor-led, print, or computer and internet modalities
- Train and/or identify effective facilitators to orient and train staff during education and training programs
- Evaluates staff development education and training programs
- Evaluate the results of post-program surveys and processes to obtain participant feedback
- Work with the instructional design team to create nursing/clinical competency tools and self-management support competency tools
- Conduct competency skill evaluations at least yearly to ensure ongoing monitoring of skills and performance
- Provides job role training to learners for specific behavior and skill development utilizing effective feedback and motivational support techniques
- Collaborate with learner’s manager and the instructional design team to identify and provide training needs for staff
- Provide learner specific feedback and recommendations to learner’s manager
- Follows plan for professional development and actively seeks out opportunities to increase expertise in nursing education and adult training programs
- Conducts training and education programs for other departments, providers, clinic staff, other partners, and vendors regarding programs as requirements dictate
- Provides excellent customer service, monitors quality service and customer service delivery by nursing staff
- Serves on corporate committees, task forces, and/or work groups
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or a related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where job is located.
- 3+ years of experience in managed care and/or disease management
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting, hospital or physician office practice
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of the following required: managed care, disease management and complex care case management, basic principles and practices of clinical nursing, adult learning principals
- Experience within a health plan setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Training experience
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Instructor, Educator, Clinical Education, Staff Development, Healthcare, Hospital, Clinic, Physicians Office, EMR, Managed Care, Health Plans, Trainer, Medical Instructor, San Antonio, TX, Texas