Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Release Train Engineer will be responsible for leading the agile transformation and for the successful execution of one or more value streams (Release Trains) to support the delivery of strategic technology products. The RTE is a hybrid role that properly balances agile leadership and program management to help software development teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently. This role will heavily leverage the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to drive agile delivery within the release train.
This position requires individuals who have previously been successful Scrum Masters and/or Agile Coaches on highly distributed teams, have led Agile/Scrum adoption in the past, and have experience in software delivery as well as those who can drive and influence change and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Applicants should have experience leading teams and people from a human resources and career development perspective as this position has potential for direct reports.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
If you are located in the Eastern or Central time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform the role of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) on large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Initiate technology project definition and planning activities
- Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration
- Serve as a thought leader to drive creative solutioning
- Work cross functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
- Monitor delivery activities to ensure on scope, on time, on budget, on benefit and on quality delivery (5 ONs)
- Serve as an escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Masters and scrum teams
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality
- Facilitate alignment dependencies between the program team and third parties, release managers, or between the team and other Scrum Teams
- Foster a team collaborative environment that tears down silos between groups – act in a single voice
- Review the work of others
- Develop innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serve as a leader / mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 4 years additional work experience in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of IT Project Management/Scrum Master/Product Owner or Agile Coach experience in a large enterprise environment
- 4+ years of technical experience in one or more aspects of Information Systems Development or Business / Information Systems arenas
- 2+ years of experience managing program financials
- Delivery experience across multiple applications (Cross-application Project Leadership)
- Understanding software development processes and procedures
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer, Scrum Professional or Agile Coach
- Healthcare background
- Experience working on mixed methodology program (Scrum interfacing with Waterfall from a dependency perspective)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Release Train Engineer, Agile, Rte, Release, Train, Engineer, Scrum, Project, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home