Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Change Deliver Manager in San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this position to be accountable for managing a program of projects or for the direct and independent management of the most complex projects of the business that typically include multiple systems and significant impact in multiple lines of business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages a team of project managers which defines, delivers, and executes projects of varying levels of risk, size, and complexity aligned with critical enterprise objectives.
- Provide program management leadership to project/program teams by ensuring alignment of individual projects against enterprise objectives.
- Create and execute project communications and delivery via status reports and other deliverables necessary to inform and align stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Manages the execution and delivery of business projects and governance in alignment with business strategies.
- Monitor component project schedules, performance, quality, and budget using Clarity and other appropriate tools and techniques, then define and monitor corrective actions as needed.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program to ensure successful execution. Lead project estimation activities as inputs into to corporate budgets.
- Coordinate change management activity to effective adoption of change; coordinate across all channels.
- Manages and understand vendor integration with PenFed applications.
- Serve as an escalation point for any issue that cannot be resolved within the established project team.
- Build and contributed to a positive, team-oriented culture.
- Collaborate with executives and senior management to create, prioritize, and define key strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Possess and convey high level of knowledge of PM professional practice codes, methodologies, and knowledge sources to help grow PM capabilities throughout the organization.
- Ensure alignment to the appropriate delivery methodology (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid) for the project.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight to project team members to assist with project delivery; build and maintain working relationships with vendors, and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned necessary to deliver project scope and improve the overall success of delivery across the organization.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity. *
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent a combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing project management duties in the mortgage industry or a financial services environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ program/project manager experience across different types of high-risk, high-value projects
- Prior experience in influencing, motivating, and mobilizing mid to large teams and business partners
- Experience working on large projects including operating system upgrades and integrations, automation processes and creating digital presence.
- Excellent understanding of project management, including methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrated experience successfully delivering complex projects, leading teams, and interacting with the highest levels of executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
- PMP Certification preferred
- Scaled or Lean Agile Certification preferred
- Change Management Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call maybe required
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.