This Jobot Job is hosted by: Taylor Thibodeau
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
My client is the leading provider of fully-integrated Practice Management and EHR solutions for mental and behavioral health providers. Their mission is to provide you the best software and tools to manage your practice.
Why join us?
- Competitive market salary
- Great product ownership
- Career growth opportunities
- Get to make an immediate impact
- Strong benefits
The Agile Product Owner serves as the voice of the customer and works on a highly collaborative, cross-functional agile team required to support the vision. The Product Owner is responsible for driving the development of the highest value projects for the company products. You will quickly become a key player in bringing strategic projects to fruition. Primarily, you will analyze software product requirements and deliver specifications for the product team, manage the delivery as well as coordinate product initiatives across departments.
A Product Owner is responsible for organizing, prioritizing, and assessing work for our delivery team. Product Owner responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. You will be responsible for facilitating communication between our clients and our development team(s), as well as help our clients to clearly define what should be built on behalf of the client and why.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Develop a deep understanding of products, customers, underlying datasets/metrics, and future product opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create a best-in-class user experience and solution
- Closely work with the product management team to understand the product vision, strategic product direction, and product roadmap
- Monitor customer feedback channels and conduct product research to gather information from various sources and tools
- Meet with customers and internal stakeholders to understand the business objectives and rationale behind specific customer requests
- Specify and document software requirements in story format (as in agile methodology) with proper acceptance criteria that meet the business requirements
- Resolve questions and provide clarifications raised by the engineering team during the development process
- Review and help with test plans to ensure that developed solutions will meet defined requirements
- Assist with product management for training and the demonstration of new product features
- Maintain a ranked backlog of new features, expressed in terms of epics and user stories, while prioritizing the needs of the product’s stakeholders
- Actively participate in regular activities of an agile team, including inspection and acceptance/rejection of completed work
- Monitor and manage release plan and communications
- Conduct product research and validation
- Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
- 4+ years experience as a Product Owner, Product Analyst, Product Manager or another related product role
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and articulate complex business and software requirements in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience working directly with customers to identify and prioritize product needs
- Good listening and negotiation skills – can find compromises and tradeoffs to maximize delivered value across all stakeholders
- History of working effectively with both executives and peers
- Willingness to be flexible while working within a small team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, success-driven team environment
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects
- Have a strong ability to effectively communicate business requirements to the engineers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Experience with web technologies and wire-framing techniques is a plus
- One or more related certifications such as Project Management Professions (PMP), PMI- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CPO) is a plus
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.