Senior Payroll Accountant
Our client is a global leader in guiding organizations through rapid growth, change management, and strategy. Become a valuable member of a team impacting the world!
You are an exceptional Payroll subject matter expert who thrives in a fast-paced organization where you can make a difference. You have a unique understanding of the payroll process from the accounting perspective. You have the ability to see the coding details of payroll and correctly map them to the General Ledger. Journal Entries do not scare you. Your advanced Excel skills are truly a gift! You are innovative and strive to make your department great in all areas.Perks of the Senior Payroll Accountant role:
- Annual base salary + plus 12% potential bonus opportunity
- Fully remote or in office in San Antonio
- Direct collaboration with executive leadership
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, and 401K with generous PTO
- Great team dynamic with leadership that supports change for the better!
- Opportunity to make an impact and improve processes
What the Senior Payroll Accountant will do:
- Calculates commissions and bonuses for Sales staff on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Navigate company systems to validate accuracy of commission calculations and records
- Build rapport with sales staff and assist with inquiries regarding commission and bonus payouts, deductions, and commission calculations
- Process improvement and updating to the 'system'
- Help make the Payroll system directly tie to the GL & understand how the coding affects the GL
- Prepare and post monthly payroll journal entries
- Acts as back-up for Payroll Specialist
- Assist in quarterly and yearly external audits
- Work closely with accounting and finance to review and audit underlying transaction records in the accounting system
- Special projects as assigned
Requirements of the Senior Payroll Accountant:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and at least four years payroll experience
- Candidates must promote positivity in the workplace!
- Strong Excel skills especially with V-lookup function and Pivot Tables
- Experience implementing software or helping transition processes from outdated manual processes to full system utilization