Insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in our Quality Center of Excellence, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting our Software Engineering teams on their journey to test automation and quality assurance Nirvana. Working closely with Software Engineers and Engineering Leaders, you will contribute to quality best practices throughout the development lifecycle and advance our capabilities in automation, tools, and processes.
We enjoy our work as much as we enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done while having a positive influence on our workplace environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for automation, be committed to continuous improvement, and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of quality. This is a 100% automation role.
- Work with the Software Quality Engineering Manager and DevOps to drive quality left.
- Implementation and maintenance of Automated Test Infrastructure
- Design/architect test automation frameworks from scratch for web, desktop, API and performance testing
- Develop custom reusable test automation libraries
- Design, develop and maintain automated regression suite
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools and promote continuous improvement of tools and practices across the global development organization.
- Align automation with the speed of development. Make informed decisions on what, how, and when to automate.
- Support multiple testing efforts simultaneously
- The candidate will respond to technical queries, document planning activities, coordinate with offshore team members, build work plan and Visio diagrams
- Conducts research, recommends new tools, techniques and methodologies needed to enhance productivity and quality
- Support our test strategy on an iterative basis continuously improving quality and efficiency.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives, and other meetings as needed.
Qualification And Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of five years of automation development experience.
- Experience developing software and automated tests and tools in C# or Java
- Experience with creating an automation framework from scratch
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software testing solutions and methodologies
- Experience with testing/quality assurance in a Kubernetes and/or Cloud services (AWS/Azure) environment, as well as a strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Experience with test automation tools like Ranorex & Selenium
- Experience working with various source code and CI/CD management tools (e.g., Jenkins, DevOps, Git, Bitbucket)
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and maintaining test cases and test suites
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban development environment
- Docker, Azure Cloud experience a plus
- Mentoring and coaching experience
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **
insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)