Job Title: Retirement Specialist
Duration: 12+ Months (Possible Extension)
Hybrid Role, required to come into the office one day a week.
- Specialist needed to administer plans for a new company within the organization. Must have knowledge of operations and administration in Retirement Plans
- Collaborates with internal/external resources to support the administration of the Company’s Retirement Benefit U.S. 401k and Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP), and Canada Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) as required. Works directly with outside vendors on daily transactions, special projects and issue resolution. Document and maintain key processes, procedures and guides for retirement benefit plans administration.
- Supports and responds to internal/external plan audits.
- Assist with the maintenance of summary plan descriptions, legal plan documents, plan amendments, presentations, participant guides, and employee plan communication for call scripts.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the retirement programs, policies and processes in support of issue resolution.
- Manages the vendor partnership to include operational regular meetings, day to day inquiries from vendors in support of compliance with plan documents and regulations, SLA, and overall contract agreements.
- Processes contributions for Retirement Benefit plans to ensure payroll deductions and participant data files are validated, reconciled and processed as required using SAP and other systems. Accountable for working with Payroll, Treasury and Finance to ensure timely and accurate retirement plan funding for retirement files.
- Identify and recommend methods to update, simplify and enhance processes, procedures and technologies. Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives to ensure services are effectively delivered.
- Research and provide CIC tier 1 with technical tier 2 support and guidance on the retirement programs and processes (respond to and resolve increasingly complex issues).
- Partners and collaborates with the Retirement CoE for effective delivery of the programs. Identify process and systems implications of, and solutions to, new or modified programs and policies.
- Research and manages employee, manager, and human resources business partner (HRBP) questions and escalations through the case management tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a professional HR/Business Administration qualification or Diploma with equivalent working experience
- Previous experience in the operation and administration of Retirement Program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Retirement Program administration and preferred in a mid/large size Global organization. Experience in administering more than 1 retirement plan.
- Specific experience with vendor management of large and highly complex retirement plans preferred.
- Knowledge of retirement program administration and compliance. Knowledge of IRS, ERISA, and DOL, regulations
- Proficient in retirement program end to end processing
- Workday and SAP experience is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)
- Professional of Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) Certification
- Six Sigma or Lean Management Certification