Title: Representative, Revenue Cycle
Wage Category: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Supervisor, Revenue Cycle Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and geographic locations
A Revenue Cycle Representative is responsible for all accounts receivable billing, collections and follow up activity to optimize cash flow and reduce bad debt.
- Fantastic role to begin a career with us!
- Insurance, billing, and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Epic and Cerner experience is a plus!
An effective Revenue Cycle Representative will exemplify the MediRevv Mindset by helping the organization on a whole achieve balance between partners, people, and performance through:
- Resolve payer rejections and denials through the appeals process as required by each payer.
- Follow up with insurance companies regarding the status of outstanding claims and necessary steps for resolution.
- Answer and review pertinent insurance correspondence to insure complete and accurate reimbursement for medical claims.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality metrics.
- Responsible for working payer correspondence, edits and aged account receivable and identifying and correcting billing errors.
- Research payer rules and regulations to maintain current payer knowledge.
- Compose correspondence including claim forms, appeals, and notifications to applicable parties.
- Contact and educate patients and guarantors regarding necessary steps to resolve an outstanding insurance balance while providing exemplary customer service.
- Complies with HIPAA and other compliance requirements to protect patient confidentiality.
- Adhere to benchmarks and strive for continuous improvement on metrics such as touches to resolution, appeal resolution rate, and average work time per claim.
- Efficiently navigate several computer applications; document all actions taken in appropriate MediRevv and/or client systems.
- Other innovative or progressive duties as assigned
Job Requirements – Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
A successful candidate must have proficient knowledge/capabilities in the following areas:
- 1+ year of high-volume insurance, denials and appeals, patient collections, or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to perform at a high level of productivity and quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Cerner or EPIC experience preferred
- Skills to work independently and be resourceful with the ability to multitask.
Remote Work Requirements
To be considered for a fully-remote position, there are technological requirements you must meet:
- Internet capability must be a hard-wired, high-speed broadband internet connection, DSL, or Cable. Satellite, Dial Up, and/or Wireless connections are not allowed. Your internet connection must be strong enough to operate MediRevv equipment and software:
- 25 Mbps download/3Mbps upload preferred
- 10 Mbps download/1Mpbs upload minimum
- Based on job role and equipment supplied, you must be able to connect MediRevv equipment to an internet router/box via wired (Ethernet) cable. You are expected to confirm this need and capability before your hire date/training date/first day of work.
- Able to establish a secure, secluded working environment ensuring both HIPAA compliance and ability to work during scheduled work hours without distractions/interruptions.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
MediRevv is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with us.