For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an RN Telephonic Nurse Case Manager for the Kidney Resource Services program, you will be responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care from assessing and planning to implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating. You will also be responsible for providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status, manage their dialysis needs and comorbidities
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members and services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making "welcome home" calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Documenting and tracking findings
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States (TX, NM & FL). Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensures (application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG).
- Active, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- Multiple state licensures (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- 2+ years of RN experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting, or experience as a Telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Experience with discharge planning
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), including the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Youwill be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other companylocation
- Compact state RN license
- Diabetic educator experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Strong working knowledge of hypertension and/or diabetes
- 2+ years Dialysis, Med/Surg, Tele, ICU, Cardiology or Critical Care experience
- Telephonic case management experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace.Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN Case Manager, Renal, Renal Care, Registered Nurse, Case Manager, Diabetic Education, Diabetes, Diabetic, Patient Care, Patient Education, Health Coach, Dialysis, Telephonic, Telephonic Case Manager, San Antonio, TX, Texas