Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Salesforce Engineer III in San Antonio, Texas with remote options available. The primary purpose of this position is to perform complex technical analysis, design, development and support of new and existing Salesforce applications and to provide guidance to other application developers in the same.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Recommend solutions and lead the implementation of systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, build, integration, and testing.
- Serve as a Technical Lead and provide Subject Matter Expertise for project/task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Accountable for providing escalation support to troubleshoot, maintain systems and resolve issues and outages.
- Develop and maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of solutions.
- Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all hardware, resources, systems, and key processes.
- Responsible for stability, integrity and efficiency of the systems that support core functions of the business.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform complex projects independently.
- Interact with senior engineers, management, vendors and other stakeholders to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of all assigned tasks and projects.
- Lead the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Advocate for compliance with Security, Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies and processes in your domain, relevant organizational knowledge, and project management practices.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies.
- Develop and maintain secure configuration and operations of in-place systems according to industry best practices.
- Lead design discussions and ensure that designs are aligned with the PenFed Secure By Design philosophy, the PenFed architecture, and also the current roadmap.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to junior engineers in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participates in on-call 24X7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Develop solutions primarily on the Salesforce platform using Apex and Lightning in an agile environment
- Must possess working knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Implement changes according to IT design and specifications under the guidance of senior staff and designated project leaders
- Participate in the integration, testing, maintenance and operation of systems
- Proficient in writing clear, readable code and building prototypes
- Knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Adjust priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- Provides mentoring and oversight to less experienced engineers
- May act as project lead or receive work assignments from designated project leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with all levels of audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Effective time management, independent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Experience mentoring and developing junior team members.
- Strong understanding and experience with core infrastructure technologies-Compute, Storage, Network, Data, and End-User.
- Responsible for the Design, Engineering and Operations of secure and highly available on-prem and Cloud computing platforms, servers, Voice, Database , networks and related management platforms and tools.
- Strong understanding of System design and integration with a thorough familiarity with multi-tiered application architecture and public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on business/application needs and anticipated growth and implement the same.
- Infrastructure Engineers deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of operating systems, networks, and related management and monitoring tools and hardware.
- Determines criteria for assessing issues and opportunities. Establishes clear goals and priorities needed to assess performance.
- Identifies relationships and linkages between different information sources. Anticipates issues that are not readily apparent on the surface. Identifies root causes and effects. Establishes clear goals and priorities. Anticipates potential problems and develops solutions needed to resolve them. Systemically analyzes relationships between apparently independent problems and issues. Reviews and cross-reviews reports. Identifies trends as well as isolated events. Translates analytical reports into management presentations, and provides guidance to resolve issues. Anticipates the possible outcome of potential solutions. Identifies areas of significant concern or opportunity. Probes and initiates research to identify critical problems.
- Converses with, writes reports and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning. Seeks a consensus with business partners. Debates opinions, tests understanding and clarifies judgments. Brings conflict into the open empathetically. Explains the context of multiple inter-related situations, asks searching, probing questions, and solicits expert advice prior to taking action and making recommendations
- Diagnoses problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques from multiple angles and probes underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions. Proactively anticipates and prevents problems. Devises, facilitates buy-in, makes recommendations and guides implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex issues that cross organizational boundaries and are unclear in nature. Identifies potential consequences and risk levels. Gains support and buy-in for problem definition, methods of resolution, and accountability.
- Experience in Salesforce development with FSC, Apex, Batch, Trigger, Visualforce Page, SOQL, Test Class, Lightning Components, Integration with REST and SOAP APIs development with FSC
- Scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl
- MS SQL
- Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Developing automation workflows and routines using open source tools (i.e. Selenium)
- Large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high availability concepts)
- Windows, Linux server automation and scripting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.