Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As an SAP Application Developer you will design, develop, extend, test and implement business applications that support strategic initiatives, create efficiencies and deliver value for Valero across a variety of functional disciplines supporting our Commercial, Refining and Financial & Admin Systems departments. Working in close collaboration with end-users and your teammates across our IS departments, you will have significant influence on application design and architecture while creating valuable solutions leveraging your SAP technical expertise and specific knowledge in these functional process areas :
Commercial Systems focuses on Valero's Marketing, Supply and Transportation business enabling Hydrocarbon Supply Chain Management processes including Supply and Demand Planning, Procure-To-Pay, Order-To-Cash, Hydrocarbon Inventory Management, Logistics and Transportation.
Refining Systems focuses on Valero's Refining, Renewable Diesel, Ethanol and Logistics operations enabling our Maintenance, Reliability, Turnaround, Operations Excellence, Strategic Sourcing and Environmental, Health & Safety processes.
Financial & Admin Systems focuses on Valero's Financial & Administration operations enabling our Accounting, Financial, Treasury, Tax, Legal, Human Resources, Portfolio and Project Management, Business Process Controls and Records Management processes.
As a Developer on the Application Development Services team, you are a member of a select team that has the ability to make an impact within many of the different departments within Valero.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement and accountability
- Transform business requirements for large scale systems into technical solutions
- Partner with developers, business analysts and end-users to deliver efficient solutions
- Demonstrate strong programming and analytical skills with a creative, user-focused mindset
- Plan and execute complex development efforts to deliver great quality on schedule
- Be organized and communicate effectively through written and verbal methods
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- A minimum 5 years of object-oriented development using either SAP ABAP Objects, Java or C# required.
- A minimum 5 years of working with relational databases, SQL scripting and data modeling required.
- Experience working with one of the following SAP functional modules groupings required :
- SD, MM, TSW
- PM, MM, EAM, MOC, ORM, EHSM, MDG
- FI, CO, PRA, GRC, GTS, BPC, PPM, HR
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Experience with any of the following preferred :
- S/4HANA, Core Data Services (CDS), OData services using the Netweaver Gateway, ABAP-Managed Database Procedures (AMDP)
- Business Objects Processing Framework (BOPF)
- Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus)
- Integration Platform and tools – SAP Process Integration (PI/PO), webMethods, SAP ALE, SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Beautiful wooded campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.