Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Secondary Market Loan Delivery Specialist at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this position is to cure document deficiencies for 1st mortgages and delivery of participation loan files to designated investors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of outstanding collateral/trailing documents and a suspense pipeline of loan curative exceptions.
- Pull loan documentation for delivery to private investors.
- Research and resolve exceptions, errors and reporting differences communicated from the investor and/or custodian in the form of reports, transmissions, verbal and written inquiries.
- Follow-up with internal and external parties to obtain loan documentation.
- Ensure PenFed is in 1st lien position on closed mortgage loans.
- Perform request for release of collateral from custodian.
- Custodial oversight to ensure loan documents are delivered and certified
- Serve as point of contact for member when necessary to resolve loan document deficiencies.
- Remain current on all PFCU mortgage products, processes, rates and regulations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and experience that provides necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in mortgage post-closing secondary marketing or an environment that provided working knowledge of mortgage loan products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience resolving loan level exceptions according to investor/document custodian requirements.
- Experience in 1st mortgage assignments and title claims.
- Experience in custodian document releases.
- Working knowledge of trailing documents and recording requirements.
- Knowledge of releases, assignments, title claims and chain of title.
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills are required with a high level of attention to finer details.
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines required.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain loan information and complete research in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and any other mortgage software.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.