Beacon Resources, in partnership with our profitable healthcare and consumer provider client, seeks a well-rounded Senior Accountant on a direct hire basis.
Job – You will perform daily accounting tasks for the Finance and Accounting team. You are expected to be self-sufficient and close the accounting books month-end without day-to-day supervision by management. You will report to a Controller.
Job Site Status (Remote/Hybrid/Onsite) - This role is 100% remote for all Southern Californian residents. The hired Senior Accountant must be able to travel to Corporate HQ for meetings.
Culture/Environment – You will join an entrepreneurial organization that is fast-paced.
Compensation/Benefits – Salary range starts at $90,000/year and increases depending on experience.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT TASKS
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Perform account, bank, and payroll reconciliations
- Input journal entries
- Execute month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing of the accounting books
- Assist in the Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) process, including issuing invoices, applying cash, and keeping an eye on the aged trial balance
- Record credit card fees
- Generate daily deposit reports
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure proper adherence to accounting control procedures
- Accept and perform any other accounting tasks as needed
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a comparable major
- At least six (6) years of General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a health care environment
- A CPA or CPA track
- Prior public accounting firm experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Expert-level Excel proficiency (v-lookups, pivot tables IF formulas, et. al)
- Great Plains/MS Dynamics 365
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on significant responsibility
- Work with little supervision
- Ability to work independently
- Superior Emotional Intelligence capabilities
For all inquiries, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.