UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will support the UnitedHealthcare Optum Technology team. You will be responsible for calendar management, expense report management, email management, scheduling and arranging travel and escalation of communication. This is a fast-paced working environment that requires the ability to multitask with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position will also have some BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including: New hire onboarding / off boarding, equipment ordering and set‐up, software purchases and office supply ordering.
- Manage calendars, coordinate travel both domestic and international, prepare expense reports
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, supporting in an office management capacity and supporting indirect team
- BSL point of contact for onboarding vendors and new employees
- Schedule and set ‐ up resources and technology needed for meetings and events, e.g., conference rooms, catering, WebEx, telepresence
- Compile and / or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Manage office documents in accordance with enterprise records management procedures
- Evaluate calls in terms of importance and use independent judgment to take action
- Make meeting arrangements and coordinate changes in meeting schedules Independently perform varied administrative duties related to functional areas
- Maintain and order office supplies for the department and individual employees, as needed
- Read incoming mail and triage in priority order, highlighting important items or requests for action
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 5+ years of experience working in a large, fast-paced, corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support to an executive at the Director level or above
- 5+ years of experience supporting 3 or more executives concurrently
- 5+ years of experience scheduling travel, both domestic and international
- 5+ years of experience creating and submitting expense reports
- 5+ years of experience coordinating large meetings, including virtual meetings and teleconferences
- Polished demeanor, executive presence, strong relationship management skills and demonstrated experience delivering a high level of internal and external customer service
- Professional and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Experience working with global, multicultural resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- College degree
- Experience coordinating WebEx meetings
- Experience working in the healthcare or insurance industries
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and grammar skills
- Polished demeanor and be comfortable working with people at all levels
- Experience working in a large, matrix corporate environment
- Proven interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with the ability to diplomatically resolve conflict with tact and sensitivity
- Positive, team-oriented outlook while displaying our organizational values
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, data entry, travel, expenses, administrative, secretary, customer service, travel, meetings, calendar, appointments, hiring immediately