Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the SVP of Provider Growth Office, their leadership team, their direct reports plus several individual contributors with administrative tasks. This role will include traditional administrative/clerical support roles including: answering the telephone, documents preparation (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, Visio org charts, etc.), scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, processing and tracking expenses, etc.
This is a fast-paced working environment that requires a self-directed and self-motivated individual with outstanding skills who is personable, professional and remains cool under pressure. This person should have excellent organizational skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, high integrity, work well with different personalities and individuals from executives to front line users.
This position will also have BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including: New hire onboarding / offboarding, equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering. Senior Administrative work will involve direct client interaction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support remote and virtual Senior Leadership with administrative tasks
- Create / maintain calendars and coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Sorting letters and checking for errors; batching for mailing and act as a team resource for distributing hard copies as needed; monitors printers
- Maintain compliance with turnaround times based on the member's product, the type of request and the specific regulatory agency
- Create / prepare meeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology needed for meetings / events
- Make travel arrangements for meeting attendees and host, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings / external events as needed
- Complete and correctly submit required Service Requests to support department needs
- Track requests for on-time completion
- Take proactive measures to prevent missed deadlines
- Accurate/on time submissions of Service Request forms
- Support Senior Team members in preparing presentations and other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information
- Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
- Polished demeanor and comfortable working with people at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's or Associate degree
- 3+ years of administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- Business Segment Liaison (BSL) or onboarding experience (or willingness/ability to become certified as a UnitedHealthcare BSL)
- Healthcare experience
- Microsoft Access and SharePoint experience
- Advanced or greater proficiency with Visio organization charts
- Experience with Concur Expense processing
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Admin Support Services, Administrative Support, Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Provider Growth Office, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote