Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution. This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems and mentors and guides other Business Systems Analysts. In addition, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst serves as the liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and develop required reporting and data analysis and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical specifications
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports
- Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem. Identifies risks, issues and seeks approval on complex matters
- Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis
- 3+ years of experience working as a SharePoint site collection and/or site administrator, with competence in areas of access management, term store management, and design of sites, pages, libraries, list containers
- 2+ years of experience of major software systems implementation experience
- 2+ years of experience as a SharePoint farm administrator working with SharePoint 2016 or 2019 on-premises installation
- 1+ years of experience in the development and support of SharePoint workflow using either MS Designer, MS Flow or Power Apps
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other field
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Business Systems Analyst, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote