Available Locations: This opportunity is available in San Antonio, TX and Round Rock, TX - Flexible/Hybrid schedule available.
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Engineer for our San Antonio, TX office. The successful candidate will:
- Lead design project teams and mentor junior team members.
- Be responsible for developing design plans, design variations and exceptions, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Collaborate with the transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- You’ll prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
- Produce geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections (super-elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
- Be able to travel up to 25%.
- 8+ years of related experience
- BSCE in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Professional engineering license in Texas, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience with TxDOT on roadway schematic or PS&E projects; preferred
- Proficient with MicroStation software programs.
- Proficiency with Geopak and/or OpenRoads preferred.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.